What does it cover?
This service includes professional fees for defending clients in the following HM Revenue & Customs tax enquiries, compliance checks or inspections:
- Corporation Tax and Income Tax full or aspect enquiries (including enquiries into Scottish taxes)
- PAYE/NIC compliance checks from the outset and disputes with HMRC following such checks
- IR35/Employment Status/CIS enquiries and disputes
- VAT compliance checks from the outset and disputes with HMRC following such checks
- Enquiries under Section 60 or 61 of the VAT Act 1994 (provided there is no dishonesty or fraud)
- Code of Practice 8 investigations (provided there is no dishonesty or fraud)
- Business record checks, inspections and interventions under HMRC’s Information & Inspection Powers at Schedule 36 FA 2008
- Up to £250 of costs relating to an informal request for information by HMRC, by telephone or other means
- Inheritance tax / Probate return enquiries
- Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax Enquiries
- National Minimum Wage / National Living Wage enquiries
- Child Tax Credit, Student Loan and Gift Aid enquiries
- Companies House confirmation statement enquiries
- Auto enrolment return enquiries (where you have been engaged in this respect)
- Checks into the measures introduced to protect the economy through the Covid 19 outbreak, including the Job Retention and Self-Employment Schemes
The Summary of Service gives more detail of what is included within the service and can be downloaded via the link below.
When purchasing a product from our shop you will be first asked to register for an account. Once you have completed our on-line application form and made payment you will be able to log into your account to view your policy documents or product information.